The Earth is placed under constellations that influence the movement of planets and seasons, hence the zodiac signs. Out of curiosity, you may wish to know your zodiac dates and the characters that give insights into your life. The sun’s position in your moment of birth determines your sun sign. And twelve signs are known for their unique traits and spirit animal symbol.
It is easy to get drawn into the world of astrology and horoscopes, as they provide clear reading to help you navigate life. Zodiac signs can influence your preferences and decisions and life in general. Understanding traits associated with each will answer specific emotional changes and decisions.
Discover everything you need to know about astrology signs. From their profile, compatibility, birth chart, and horoscope. (we will be using zodiac and astrology signs interchangeably within this article).
- 1 What is astrology?
- 2 Zodiac signs
- 3 Traits of the Twelve Zodiac Signs
- 3.0.1 1. Aries (March 21- April 19)
- 3.0.2 2. Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
- 3.0.3 3. Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
- 3.0.4 4. Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
- 3.0.5 5. Leo (July 23 – August 22)
- 3.0.6 6. Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
- 3.0.7 7. Libra (September 23 – October 22)
- 3.0.8 8. Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
- 3.0.9 9. Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
- 3.0.10 10. Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
- 3.0.11 11. Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
- 3.0.12 12. Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
- 4 How are Astrology Signs Compatible?
- 5 Benefits of Horoscope and Astrology
What is astrology?
Astrology relates human characters and activity to celestial phenomena; the zodiac signs are features of the stellar coordinate system. It is a series of statements, beliefs, and practices that are factual but contrastive with science. However, follows a method stating “how the celestial behave above so they will below,” thus having the same expressions.
According to astrology, the twelve zodiac signs become characterized by the four elements (Air, Earth, Fire, and Water). The energy produced by each component also gets reflected in people who fall under the signs. And plays a massive role in shaping our personality; with astrology, we also learn to focus the energy on positive aspects and handle the unfavorable well.
Related article: Palm Reading Guide For Beginners: How To Read Palm Lines.
– Air element
Signs that belong to the air element are Aquarius, Gemini, and Libra. They love to socialize, communicate, make friends and discuss but can be superficial. They are very good at advising because they are intellectual.
– Earth element
Signs associated with the earth element are Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. When it comes to staying grounded, people with these zodiac signs are the ones you look up to. For this reason, they may be conservative, emotional, and stable. Loyalty is significant to them, so they will always want to stick by you.
– Fire element
Aries, Sagittarius, and Leo fall under the fire element. Those who fall this sign have unlimited energy and shine everywhere they find themselves. Their energy is infectious, which makes them an inspiration to others. They tend to get angry quickly but are very forgiving; there is hardly any dull moment with signs under this category.
– Water element
Signs that belong to the water element are Cancer, Pisces, and Scorpio. Emotionally, people with these signs are sensitive but mysterious, like Water. They crave intimacy and show support, and love to have good conversations. They may shy away from doing things openly but can be intuitive.
The Zodiac is a space belt that extends about 9 degrees (north or south) on the celestial latitude, in which the moon orbits. Simply put, it is the visible path of the sun as it moves across the celestial sphere over a year. Also, the signs get measured in degrees east of the intersecting equator and ecliptic (vernal equinox). The start point for this measurement is the annual beginning of spring when the sun is placed upon the vernal equinox: which occurs by March 21, tagged the “first point of Aries.”
Twelve sectors in 30 degrees make up the 360-degree full circle orbit around the sun. And the signs are Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. They named each sign after the sun’s movement through a constellation crossing the sky yearly.
Traits of the Twelve Zodiac Signs
Each astrology sign is unique, having its traits, strengths, desires, and attitude. The projection of the sun and moon on your birth month automatically becomes your sign. You can also determine your characteristics, weaknesses, and likes with the zodiac signs by astronomers’ analysis. It gives an insight into why you behave in specific ways. Below are the overall traits expected from zodiac signs.
1. Aries (March 21- April 19)
The Ram represents this sign; they are bold and love to dive into things. To match their fiery element, they can consider zodiac signs such as Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Leo. If your birth month falls with the Aries period, you might find yourself kickstarting projects and other challenges.
Traits associated with Aries include:
- impulsive, like physical challenges.
- optimistic but dislike delays, confident.
- passionate, and short-tempered.
2. Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
As a Taurus, you will always seek pleasure and a serene experience but is very dependable. The bull represents this sign and is alike with the slow and steady mantra. Considering your Taurus Earth element, the obvious pairings are Capricorn, Virgo, Pisces, and Cancer.
Traits associated with Taurus include:
- practical, reliability, stubbornness, luxury.
- like romance, but dislikes complications.
3. Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
Gemini’s are the celestial twins, and you may find yourself handling many things and always driven by the chase. Compatible buddies for Geminis are Aries, Aquarius, Libra, Sagittarius, and Leo that can match your quick-witted mind.
Traits associated with Gemini include:
- Being curious, affectionate, often indecisive, and likes to read magazines/ books.
- They dislike being alone, repetitious, and prefer to chat with everyone.
4. Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
If your sun is with Cancer, you will find it easy to connect with zodiac signs like Virgo, Pisces, Scorpio, Capricorn, and Taurus. The crab symbolizes the character, and you have to get close to open their shell just like the animal.
Traits associated with Cancer include:
- persuasive, manipulative, highly imaginative,
- pessimistic, like to help, but dislikes sharing their personal life.
5. Leo (July 23 – August 22)
If you have close to a Leo or one yourself, you enjoy being in the spotlight just like your lion symbol and are often dramatic. Their cheerful personality attracts other signs like Gemini, Aries, Sagittarius, and Libra.
Traits associated with Leo include:
- generous, humorous, creative, self-centered.
- inflexible, like taking holidays, being admired.
- But dislikes facing hard reality.
6. Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
Represented by the perfection of the virgin, a Virgo believes in a consistent and practical approach to life and challenges. Virgo’s earthy vibes pair with Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Capricorn, and Taurus.
Traits associated with Virgo include:
- being hard working, kind, loyal, shy.
- likely to worry but dislikes asking for help.
- and being the center of attention.
7. Libra (September 23 – October 22)
When your sun sign falls under Libra, you love to find balance and harmony in every situation. The scales of the justice symbol represent the sign. Your airy element is compatible with Leo, Aquarius, Gemini, and Sagittarius.
Traits associated with Libra include:
- being fair-minded, gentle, diplomatic.
- social, like to share, and dislikes injustice/violence.
8. Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
When interacting with other characters, Scorpio will develop easy relationships with people with Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo, and Pisces zodiac signs. Although they are pretty mysterious, a Scorpio shows pearls of wisdom cultivated through emotional energy.
Traits associated with Scorpio include:
- Being resourceful, distrusting, passionate, like a good tease.
- Being right.
- likes Stating facts but dislike dishonesty.
9. Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
Their archer symbol representing this sign depicts their trait as it likes to launch into different things. As a Sagittarius, you find pleasure in chasing adventures, quests, and knowledge. A Sagittarius person loves their freedom and will be compatible with the people of Aries Aquarius, Libra, and Leo signs.
Traits associated with Sagittarius include:
- being Generous, impatient, free, exploring.
- hating details, and constraints.
10. Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
Capricorns are very tough to believe in patience and dedication in taking on life. The sea-goat represents the sign, a mythical creature that is half goat and half fish—translating to the cap’s ability to conquer both emotional and material aspects. They are also compatible with zodiac signs such as Pisces, Taurus, Virgo, and Scorpio.
Traits associated with Capricorn include:
- being condescending, disciplined, great managers.
- can be a know-it-all.
- likes family but dislikes dealing with emotional people.
11. Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
The water bearer represents this sign; although it belongs to the Air element, people whose birth falls under it are eccentric—making them unique yet still adapting to the energy around them. They might be shy sometimes and find it difficult to express themselves, but seek to make things better.
Aquarius is compatible with Aries, Libra, Sagittarius, and Gemini but gets attracted by intellects. You may have problems relating to other passive zodiac signs as Aquarius.
Traits associated with Aquarius include:
- being independent, fighting for good causes.
- being temperamental, a humanitarian, but maintaining their distance.
- dislikes being bored and lonely.
12. Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
The sign marks the end of the zodiac journey, and its symbol is two fishes swimming in opposite directions, which means the balanced attention between reality and fantasies. As a Pisces, you may also get described as a psychic for being very intuitive and sensitive. You can also seek compatible friendships in other signs like Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer, and Scorpio.
Traits associated with Pisces include:
- being wise, artistic, fearful, likes to stay alone.
- loves romance, and dislikes getting criticized.
How are Astrology Signs Compatible?
Compatibility in astrology is non-existent as it only gauges how two signs will relate to each other. All zodiac signs can live harmoniously with patience and understanding. However, when people with two zodiac signs are compatible, they will get along better and quickly agree on things. The reverse is the case for those with different, less compatible zodiac signs, as they will disagree more with operating on another wavelength.
Following the classification of the elements, zodiac signs that fall under each piece will understand themselves better. Suffice to say, Aries Leo and Sagittarius that fall under Fire will naturally be best buddies and follows suit for other elements. When signs interchange their characteristics, the rule is opposite signs will attract great potential. So, Air is compatible with Fire, while Earth is compatible with Water.
Knowledge of which zodiac signs are compatible help foster good relationships and better love partners. in addition, it measures the quality of love and connection between two different zodiac signs is covered in Synastry.
Aside from the astrology signs, the Chinese practice their traditional astrology, which is worthy of note. It is the oldest zodiac measurement in the world’s system, originating from the Han Dynasty. The signs are represented with twelve animals just the same, but different because the animal represents a year.
This means your zodiac sign becomes determined by your year of birth. The zodiac signs are Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig. They get further categorized under five elements, Water, Earth, Fire, Metal, and Wood.
The Chinese strongly believe that animal signs influence a person’s personality and potential. Also, judging by the birth year, they can determine your destiny by the position of the moon and sun. The readings get made from combining the elements and their 60-year lunisolar Chinese calendar, with the elements occurring in Ying/Yang formation.
Benefits of Horoscope and Astrology
Not everyone believes in horoscopes and the traits associated with each zodiac sign, which is normal. On a closer look, astrology has become known to solve several fundamental personality problems. The advantages become unlocked by heeding to the suggestions and warnings of the astronomers. A few benefits are listed below.
- It gives insight to understanding and connecting with your inner self to radiate your authentic energy. Your results are also dependent on you grasping more knowledge about your little world.
- It can show the future and prepare for it, which brings you calm knowing you can handle obstacles before you.
- With astrology, you get answers to the question behind occurrences in your life. That’s because the study believes everything happens for a reason.
- Horoscopes are the blueprint of life and can uncover one’s destiny. It helps to narrow down your options regarding life, love, career, and other aspects you might need guidance.
In summary, it is quite a fulfilling experience to learn about zodiac signs, traits associated with them, and how your life presently relates to them.
You may also like to read, 15 best hair dryer brush for easy styling in 2022 and how to clean them.