For black women all around the world, natural wig styles have become their pride, self-expression, and adaptability.
Who wouldn’t want to have those signature Afro buns? Natural wigs provide unlimited opportunities for transitioning from relaxed to natural hair, protecting your hair, and enjoying a change in style.
This guide will take you through the basic wig styles for black women, from the selection process to the appropriate wig to keeping your original look. Get ready!
Best Natural Wigs to Buy for Black Women
Every Black woman understands the struggle: your curls are looking all good right after wash day, they’re bouncy, juicy, shining, and just look badass. However, as day five or six approaches, things take a turn and begin to become dry, frizzy, and stiff.
All of that being said, wouldn’t it be amazing to be able to put on and take off styled hair whenever you want? Oh yeah, it’s already feasible, thanks to natural wigs.
Fortunately, there are several options available if you want one that matches your natural hair texture. We’ve selected 5 of the greatest.
Afro Kinky Curly Headband Wig
This textured Afro kinky headband wig is often 100% human hair 4A and also an easy-to-wear curly wig!
Do you have a Zoom call, a trip to the gym, the grocery shop, or an impromptu date? These half-headband wigs are your quick and easy solution to make you appear super beautiful in just 5 minutes.
- Make a low bun or cornrow down your hair
- Attach the wig with the closure headband
- Secure with supplied wig combs and/or bobby pins
- Lay down your baby hairs.
This is a quick and simple look for everyday, weekend, or special occasions; excellent for transitioning, natural hair, or if you prefer a more natural look!
When you’re tired of your weekly hairdo, opt for this high-density hair. The braid-out wig is created with ultra-soft strands to mimic your managed curls.
It’s also quite inexpensive and available in a range of shades, including chestnut black, dark hazelnut, deepest espresso, and onyx. There’s also the option that includes grey hairs.
Thus, this braid-out wig’s adaptability lets you easily freshen up your appearance without spending much time. Now, you can enjoy the ease of modifying your look while retaining the authenticity of your natural hair’s texture.
Afro Curly Human Hair Wigs
There are a lot of Human hair wigs in the market, including kinky curly wigs (Afro Wigs). These Human hair wigs, such as lace front wigs, full lace wigs, U-part human hair wigs, and 360 lace wigs, are well-known.
A kinky curly full lace wig, a u part kinky curly wig, a kinky curly 360 lace wig, and a kinky curly 13×4 or 13×6 lace frontal wig are all available in shops and websites.
This set of Kinky curly hair gives ladies a fantastic look that cannot be replaced, especially African-American women who like the natural look it provides.
An afro wig is a style that is both life-saving and protecting. It allows you to wear a variety of styles and is easy to manage for many years to come.
If you desire a kinky vibe with just a hint of definition, you should try this style. These wigs range in length from 14 to 20 inches, and because they are made of 100% human hair, they can be managed much like the hair that grows from your scalp.
The “partly picked-out” approach adds a tint of natural disarray and individuality to your package, giving you that effortlessly elegant look at first instance.
It’s an excellent choice for people who like a textured, lively look while still being able to style their wig as they wish, just like they would their hair.
Lastly, this V-part wig is ideal for anyone who does not require complete coverage of their hair. Simply shape your leave-out hair into chunky twists the night before to blend in with the unit. Then, go forward to untwist when you’re ready to put on your wig. You can choose between 12 and 24 inches of this Wig style.
The chunky twist-out design not only allows you to merge your natural hair smoothly but also provides a voluminous and textured appearance that’s ideal for a good day out or an event.
Furthermore, it is an excellent choice for people who wish to show off the length of their natural hair while still enjoying the ease and adaptability of a natural wig.
Styling Natural Wigs with Care
Carefully styling your natural wig is essential for ensuring its lifespan and quality.
- Heat-Free Styling: Avoid using too much heat when styling. To generate diverse appearances without destroying the wig’s strands, use heatless procedures such as Bantu knots, twist-outs, or flexi rod sets.
- Product Choice: Select hair products that are made exclusively for synthetic or human hair wigs. These items will aid in protecting the wig’s texture.
Securing Your Natural Wig
Securing your wig properly ensures that it remains in place and appears natural, regardless of stress.
- Wig Caps: For increased security, consider wearing a wig cap. Wig caps keep your hair flat, provide a barrier between your natural hair and the wig, and give a smoother surface for the wig to rest on.
- Adjustable Straps: Many wigs include adjustable straps that allow you to get a perfect fit. To avoid sliding or discomfort, be sure to tighten these straps to your liking and comfort.
Maintaining Your Natural Wig
Maintenance is essential for keeping your natural wig looking fantastic.
- Washing and Conditioning: To avoid product accumulation, wash and condition your wig regularly. To keep the hair looking alive, use a mild shampoo and a moisturizing conditioner (Leave-in).
- When not in use, keep your wig on a wig stand or mannequin head to keep its form and avoid tangling. Avoid keeping it in confined spaces or bright sunlight, since this might cause fading.
Finally, natural wig styles for black women are more than just a fashion statement; they are a tribute to your ancestry and a testimonial to the beauty of embracing your skin.
You now have wig guidelines to help you wear your first wig – or your fifteenth! You’re all ready to go on your wig-loving ride. Hey, go out and look magnificent!