Today we introduce Vegan Gains, a bodybuilder who credits his plant-based diet for his impressive physique.
It’s no secret that the vegan lifestyle is ever-increasing. More and more people now choose to adopt a plant-based diet for ethical, environmental, and health reasons. But what about those who want to stack up muscle? Can you get big and strong on a vegan diet? The answer is YES!
This blog post will highlight how to build muscle on a vegan diet. We’ll discuss the benefits of veganism for bodybuilders and some tips for getting enough protein and nutrients. So, if you want to gain impressive muscle mass, read on.
Who is Vegan Gains?
Vegan Gains is the pseudonym of Richard Burgess, a Canadian YouTuber, vlogger, and professional bodybuilder. He has amassed a following of over one million subscribers on YouTube by sharing his workout routines, vegan recipes, and tips for living a healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Burgess began his fitness journey in 2010 after switching to a vegan diet. Gains were amazed at how much energy he had and how quickly he started seeing results. Gains transformed his body within one year and competed in natural bodybuilding competitions. In 2015, Burgees won first place in the World Natural Bodybuilding Federation (WNF) Canada Cup Overall Championship.
Vegan Gains credits his success to hard work and dedication and believes his plant-based diet has given him an edge. He consumes a high-protein, low-fat diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. He also avoids processed foods, soy products, and refined sugars.
Check out his YouTube channel if you’re looking for Vegan Gains workout routines or tips on building muscle on a vegan diet. Richard’s physique might inspire you to make the switch yourself. Who knows, you might even see some gains of your own.
Some of the Vegan Gains’ favorite recipes and meal ideas
The popular YouTuber and bodybuilder has the following great tips for healthy vegan eating.
– Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Corn, and Cilantro Dressing
– Vegan Enchiladas with Sweet Potato Sauce
– Spicy Thai Noodle Bowl with Tofu and Vegetables
– Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup with Basil Oil
– Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar and Maple Syrup
– Chocolate Avocado Pudding
– Breakfast: Smoothie bowl with frozen berries, banana, almond milk, and chia seeds
– Lunch: Kale salad with roasted sweet potato, avocado, and tahini dressing
– Dinner: Lentil soup with carrots, celery, and kale
– Dessert: Chocolate almond milkshake
A day in the life of a vegan bodybuilder
So, what does a day in the life of Vegan Gains look like? Well, it starts with a protein-packed breakfast. Richard typically has eggs or oatmeal with protein powder mixed in. He also takes a daily multivitamin and omega-three supplement.
After breakfast, it’s time for a workout. Richard hits the gym six days weekly, alternating between lifting weights and cardio. His exercise is intense – but it must be because he’s trying to gain muscle while staying lean. After the gym, Richard refuels with a vegan protein shake and some fruit. Then it’s time for lunch, which is usually a big salad with tofu or tempeh.
Richard works on his YouTube videos or social media channels in the afternoon. He’s built up a large online following and uses his platform to promote veganism and bodybuilding. Later in the day, Richard has another small meal – like rice and beans or pasta with vegetables. Then it’s time for dinner, which is usually a hearty stew or soup.
Before bed, Richard takes another protein shake and magnesium supplement. Then it’s off to sleep – tomorrow is another day of gains.
How Richard got into veganism and bodybuilding
Burgess was raised in Canada and started as a competitive bodybuilder. He won several titles, including the Mr. Natural Universe competition in 2007. But after a few years, Richard felt something was missing from his diet. That’s when he decided to try out veganism. At first, it was tough – Burgess lost a lot of muscle mass and strength. But eventually, he adapted to the new diet and started to see results. He began to put on muscle and get stronger without using animal products.
Now, Vegan Gains is one of the most popular vegan bodybuilders. He’s known for his Vegan gains channel, which discusses veganism and fitness. He’s also a big fan of plant-based diets for athletes. He has hundreds of thousands of YouTube subscribers, and his message is simple: you can build a robust and healthy body without eating animals. And he spreads the news of the benefits that make it ideal for bodybuilders.
Plant-based diets are typically lower in calories than meat and dairy diets. This can be helpful for those who are trying to cut down on body fat. Vegan diets are also fiber-rich, which can help regulate digestion and keep you feeling full after meals. And finally, plant-based diets are packed with nutrients essential for building muscle mass. These include vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. It is no surprise Richard chose the lifestyle.
Controversies surrounding Richard Burgess
Burgess made headlines for the wrong reasons when he said he enjoys hurting people who eat meat. Burgess said he gets a “thrill” from seeing meat-eaters in pain in an interview with Joe Rogan. “I just love it,” Burgess said. “I love seeing them squirm.” Then, he faced backlash after admitting to using steroids.
Burgess’ comments have sparked outrage among many, including vegans and non-vegans. Some have even called for him to get banned from YouTube. Vegan Gains is in hot water again after saying that vegans are “just as bad” as child murderers.
In an interview with YouTuber Chris Kresser, Vegan Gains was asked about his opinion on vegans who eat honey. He said that while he doesn’t personally consume honey, he doesn’t think it’s wrong for other vegans to do so. However, when Kresser pressed him on the issue, Vegan Gains began to compare vegans who eat honey to child murderers.
“I think it’s just as bad,” Vegan Gains said. “You’re taking something that doesn’t belong to you.” Vegan Gains’ comments have sparked outrage among the vegan community, and again many people called for him to get suspended from YouTube.
How to ensure you’re getting enough protein on a vegan diet?
There are a few things you can do. First, focus on eating whole foods rather than processed foods. Whole foods are excellent vegan protein sources, such as beans, lentils, quinoa, and tofu. You can also supplement your diet with protein powders or bars. And finally, make sure you’re getting enough calories. Vegan bodybuilders need to eat more calories than sedentary people to gain muscle mass. This means frequently eating throughout the day and consuming calorie-dense foods.
Benefits of a vegan diet
There are many reasons why people choose to go vegan, including ethical concerns for animals, environmental sustainability, and health benefits. One of the most well-known vegans is YouTube personality Vegan Gains, whose real name is Richard Burgess. We follow the life of Vegan Gains, which has over two million subscribers, and his videos explore the plethora of benefits of a vegan diet.
- Increased energy levels: A plant-based diet is rich in nutrients like vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can help to boost energy levels.
- Improved muscle mass: Studies have shown that vegan diets can help to build muscle mass.
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases: Veganism has gotten linked with a reduced risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and type II diabetes.
- Improved gut health: A vegan diet can help to improve gut health by promoting the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut.
- Weight loss: Veganism has proven to be an effective weight-loss strategy.
- Lower blood pressure: A plant-based diet can help to lower blood pressure.
- Improved blood sugar control: Vegan diets can help improve blood sugar control in people with type II diabetes.
- Lower cholesterol levels: Veganism helps with lowering cholesterol levels.
- Vegan diets have also enhanced athletic performance by increasing muscle mass and reducing recovery time after workouts.
Many other benefits of a vegan diet didn’t get mentioned here if you’re considering switching to a vegan lifestyle, research and talk to your doctor to see if it’s the right choice.
Importance of staying hydrated when following a vegan diet
As a vegan, you must ensure you’re getting enough water. Water plays a significant role in our overall health, but it also helps the body absorb essential nutrients and flush out toxins. Of course, you can get water from other sources besides drinking it. Many fruits and vegetables are high in water content. Plenty of delicious Vegan Gains-approved recipes help you stay hydrated while satisfying your taste buds.
So next time you feel thirsty, reach for a refreshing glass of water or a healthy bowl of fruit instead of sugary drinks or unhealthy snacks. Your body will thank you! Richard Burgess is a Vegan Health and Fitness Coach featured in Men’s Health, Vegan Health & Fitness, etc. He is the creator of VeganGains.com, where he helps people achieve their health and fitness goals through a plant-based diet.
When sticking to a vegan diet, getting enough water to stay adequately hydrated is essential since water helps the body absorb vital nutrients and flush out toxins. Also, dehydration can lead to fatigue, headaches, and even muscle cramps. Water is essential for our survival. It makes up around 60% of our body weight and plays a vital role in many bodily functions. This comes from getting enough water to stay properly hydrated.
This is especially true if you live in a hot climate or exercise regularly, as you’ll need even more water to replace what’s lost through sweating. There are many delicious ways to get your daily dose of water, so there’s no excuse not to drink up. Try adding herbs or fresh fruits to your water for a refreshing twist, or blend one of Richard’s Vegan Gains-approved smoothies. Remember, hydration is key to maintaining good health, so drink up.
Tips if you’re considering switching to a vegan diet
Veganism can get a bad rep as a daunting lifestyle change, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips from Vegan Gains, one of the world’s most popular vegan YouTubers, on making the switch to a vegan diet:
- The first and most important thing is to do your research. There’s a lot of misinformation about veganism, so you must arm yourself with the facts. Once you know why you’re switching to a vegan diet, it’ll be easier to stick with it.
- Second, make sure you’re getting enough protein. Many people think vegans are protein deficient because we don’t eat meat, but that’s not true—several plant-based protein sources, such as beans, lentils, quinoa, and tofu.
- Third, don’t be afraid to experiment with new foods. Adopting a vegan lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to eat bland food. There are many delicious vegan recipes, so get creative in the kitchen.
- Fourth, find a supportive community. Veganism can be lonely sometimes, so finding other vegans to connect with is crucial. Many great online communities, or you could even start your local meetup group.
Finally, bear in mind that everyone is on their journey. You might not be perfect right away, and that’s okay. Just push yourself to the limit and be kind to yourself, and you’ll be a happy vegan in no time.
You may also like to read:
–Body Goal: Which Exercise is Best For Your Body Type?
–Female bodybuilders: What Are They And How Do you Become One?
–Abs Diet: What Diet Will Give Me Abs