Human hair wigs can be your go-to whenever you want to change your look—hairstyle-wise. Does it give the new wig/ who is that effect?
Human hair wigs come in various styles, from tight curls and beach waves to straight as a pin. With wigs, you can change your identity (not really), create a new look, and slay while at it, and without the fear of ruining your hair (if installed well). I mean, if you don’t like the way a wig looks? You can easily change it. That’s not easy when you get a new haircut; you’d have to grow out the horrible chop.
- 1 What Are Human Hair Wigs?
- 2 10 Best Human Hair Wigs
- 2.1 10. YUONSEE Body Wave Lace Front Wig Human Hair Pre Plucked 13×4 HD Lace Frontal Wig with Baby Hair
- 2.2 9. BLY Short Straight 13×4 Frontal Bob Wig Human Hair
- 2.3 8. Lzlefho Silky Brazilian Virgin Body Wave Human Hair Wigs with Bangs
- 2.4 7. XSY Deep Wave Human Hair Headband Wig
- 2.5 6. Hepoiss Body Wave Lace Front Wig Human Hair
- 2.6 5. Alimoonbeam 613 Blonde Lace Front Wig Human Hair 13×4 Body Wave
- 2.7 4. Maxine Short Bob Human Hair Wig
- 2.8 3. EiLeen 13×4 Lace Front Wigs Human Hair Brazilian Straight Hair
- 2.9 2. Hinaso 13×6 Lace Front Wig Human Hair
- 2.10 1. Brollitest Water Wave Human Hair Wigs
- 2.11 Why do Wigs go Dry?
- 2.12 Tips to Make Sure Your Human Hair Wig Retains Its Shine And Bounce
- 2.13 Conclusion
What Are Human Hair Wigs?
Human hair wigs are wigs made from natural human hair. When worn, they look, act, and feel like your actual hair (and no one would be the wiser).
While human hair wigs come with the perks of human hair like being safe to heat style, behaving like your actual hair, etc., they also come with their downsides. One of the downsides being human hair wigs can become dry.
How to Care For Your Human Hair Wigs
Human hair wigs generally come with a coated layer of conditioner that keeps the style intact and retains moisture while stocked and shipped. If you don’t wash off this layer of conditioner, you might find it challenging to direct the hair and get the style to hold.
In addition, you should wash your human hair wig before attempting to dye the hair, either by yourself or through a colorist.
Unlike when washing synthetic hair, human hair requires proper shampoo and conditioner when you wash it. Since it’s made from natural human hair, it requires a lot of moisture, so deep conditioning is the best option. However, don’t add conditioner (deep or regular) to the roots and cap as that may cause shedding.
When wet, do not place your wig on a mannequin or Styrofoam head as it might stretch the wig cap. Instead, please put it on a wig stand.
Get a hair mist or mousse for your human hair wigs like this SheaMoisture Mousse for Curly Hair, Wig, or Weave. It adds shine, eliminates flyaway for straight hair, and adds volume back to curly hair.
Moreover, the key to a long-lasting human hair wig is getting a high-quality product. Even if you treat your human hair wig like an egg and follow all the tips and how-to guides, should your wig be of poor quality, all that treatment would go down the drain (together with the shedding hair).
But fret not; read on to discover ten spectacular human wigs you won’t regret buying.
10 Best Human Hair Wigs
10. YUONSEE Body Wave Lace Front Wig Human Hair Pre Plucked 13×4 HD Lace Frontal Wig with Baby Hair
Thanks to its pre-plucked hairline and 13×4 HD Lace frontal, you can pretend this Body Wave wig is your natural hair, and no one would know. Who’s gonna know? No one’s going to know. With this wig, versatility is the name of the game. You can choose several hairstyles, from half-ups to straight as a pin.
In addition, it comes with a black wig elastic band, which is excellent for extra fitting, and a great alternative to wig glue which can cause irreparable damage to your hair if not done correctly.
9. BLY Short Straight 13×4 Frontal Bob Wig Human Hair
Your human hair wigs don’t always have to be 24inches; this short straight bob cut will have you looking gorgeous, too.
8. Lzlefho Silky Brazilian Virgin Body Wave Human Hair Wigs with Bangs
It’s bangs season, with a light breeze flirting with your bangs, a spring in your step as you turn heads. But wait, you don’t want to cut bangs with your hair. Don’t worry, though; here’s where this body wave wig with bangs comes in. Get it installed, and watch it transform you into the spectacular beau you are.
7. XSY Deep Wave Human Hair Headband Wig
This wig is perfect for you if you’re always on the go and have little to no time to style your human hair wig. Or you’re just terrible at styling or lazy. Then you’d benefit greatly from investing in this headband wig. You can show off your natural hairline with this wig which makes the entire look more authentic.
6. Hepoiss Body Wave Lace Front Wig Human Hair
Unlike some human hair wigs that can be dyed but not bleached, this amazing Brazilian body wave wig can be dyed and bleached. So, you can have this hair bleached if you want to go for a blonde Halloween costume (professionally, of course) and not worry about ruining your hair.
5. Alimoonbeam 613 Blonde Lace Front Wig Human Hair 13×4 Body Wave
You could get an excellent human hair wig and have it dyed professionally to color 613, or spend a little on this fantastic body wave wig. It comes with bleached knots, pre-plucked, and an HD Swiss lace, the thinnest and most natural-looking lace.
4. Maxine Short Bob Human Hair Wig
Wigs have the power to change up your look; doubt it? Why don’t you try this wig on for size? A short blunt bob wig is what you need to pull off that edgy, don’t-mess-with-me look. This wig also gives off elegance and bad boss vibes, so tweak it as you deem fit.
3. EiLeen 13×4 Lace Front Wigs Human Hair Brazilian Straight Hair
EiLeen Brazilian straight human hair wig comes pre-plucked, with baby hairs and a very transparent barely-there HD Lace frontal. It is soft, tangle-free, and like any high-quality human hair, it can be heat styled. Also, together with its free parting, it boasts of being capable of doing a variety of hairstyles, from ponytails to cornrows and others.
2. Hinaso 13×6 Lace Front Wig Human Hair
Become a total slay queen when your rock this unique 13×6 lace frontal body wave wig. The lace dimensions give you enough lace to work with when styling. It’s a glueless wig, so installing it isn’t a problem.
1. Brollitest Water Wave Human Hair Wigs
And if the wet look is more your style, this water wave human hair wig is the perfect choice for you. It is pre-plucked and with wisps of baby hairs to give the illusion of natural hair. It’s silky and shiny without it being heavy or packed full of hair products.
Why do Wigs go Dry?
Your natural hair is attached to your scalp, which produces a natural body oil called sebum. This sebum helps lubricate and keep each hair strand moisturized, hence preventing your hair from drying up. Human hair wigs unavoidably lack that; thus, the hair gets dry over time.
Other factors that can cause dryness in human hair wigs (as with your actual hair) are: Chlorine, hard water, prolonged sun exposure
Tips to Make Sure Your Human Hair Wig Retains Its Shine And Bounce
- Do not sleep in your human hair wig.
- Try not to wear the same wig daily. Wearing the same wig every day can wear it out, compromising the quality of its thread and color. If you’re a regular wig wearer and keep rotating, you should buy two or more human hair wigs to counter this issue.
- Don’t wash your human hair wig too frequently as the hair is somewhat fragile.
- Most manufacturers don’t encourage bathing or swimming in your human hair wigs, so try not to unless the packaging says it’s okay.
Human hair wigs make a great alternative to other easy-to-install hairstyles, like crotchet braids. You can style them however you want. They can be dyed and bleached (this depends on the hair); they are heat protected and can last a long while.
However, all this depends on the quality of the hair you buy. Anything subpar will leave you frustrated, irritated and disinterested in rocking the wig. So, yes, human hair wigs are pricey, but they are worth every penny. Don’t do yourself the disservice of getting something with low quality just to save a buck or two. Don’t be penny-wise but pound-foolish.
You may also like to read:
–Top 17 Best Hair Extensions For Fine Hair You Will Love to Know
–15 amazing red and black hair ideas for bold women to try in 2022
–10 best flat iron for black hair and how to use them